A HARMONIUS PRAYER ROOM
At the end of the 15th and the beginning of the 16th century, Jewish money-lenders settled in Carmagnola. Always very small, the community was involved not only in lending but also in trade and in the art and craft of gold. The town passed to the Savoy in 1588. In 1723 King Victor Amadeus II extended the obligation of ghetto to the whole of Piedmont. The ghetto was established in an area off the usual route of Christian processions. A harmonious prayer room is in the center of the ghetto.