A WELL-INTEGRATED COMMUNITY
From 1547 Jews lived in this rural town. They were engaged in money-lending, silk spinning and weaving, and pottery. In 1729 the ghetto was established just in one building. An intimate prayer room was inside the building. In the internal courtyards, a system of wooden staircases and walkways connected various rooms. The community was integrated and with the Emancipation some Jewish families became important in town.