After an initial request in 1810, the Town Council only allocated a plot of land for a new Jewish cemetery in 1893. This cemetery, which is still in use today, has a square plan with large open stretches of grassland. In line with the central avenue is a small temple with features of oriental influence, designed by engineer Enrico Bertana and architect Lorenzo Rivetti.
The many monumental tombs, both single and for whole families, are characterised by decorative elements and symbols typical of contemporary non-Jewish cemetery architecture. The oldest burial dates back to 1904.
Via Cardinal Massaia, n.112 – Casale Monferrato (AL)
Guided visits to be booked in advance
Contacts: tel. +39 0142 71807 – +39 340 7697199 (mornings only)