In the building of the Scola Levantina, on the ground floor with access from the doorway on the square, is the Scola Luzzatto. Its furniture was moved here after 1836, when the scola’s original location was demolished – buildings in the Ghetto Novo overlooking the San Girolamo canal.
It is a rectangular study hall with aron and bimah on the short sides and a row of pews on the longer sides. The aron kept here is the oldest in the ghetto: it has a Renaissance-style design with gilding on a green background, and is enclosed by a railing added in the 19th century. The bimah, which is raised by four steps, is covered by a nineteenth-century canopy.