A GHETTO WITHOUT GATES
A small Jewish community was formed in Mondovì in the 16th century and became an important reference point for families living in the surrounding countryside. The ghetto was founded in 1723, in the shadow of the cathedral. The ghetto was in proximity to Christian houses; for this reason it never had gates in the true sense. The prayer room is on the third floor of one of these buildings.