THE COUNTRY OF SALOMONE FIORENTINO
A little Jewish community had established itself in Monte San Savino since 1627. The Grand Duke Cosimo III of Tuscany established the ghetto in 1707 in a street called Synagogue or Ghetto Town. The street is now called Via Salomone Fiorentino, to remember the famous Jewish poet (1743-1815). The building of the old synagogue date back to a restoration which was done in the years 1729-32. After the removal in 1799 of the Jewish community the building of the synagogue passed into different hands and now to the Municipality.