Dedicated to the memory of the Holocaust and, in particular, to the figure of Anne Frank, the gardens are situated on the site of the old Jewish cemetery, which was replaced in 1878 by the cemetery in Via delle Grazie, which is still in use today. The land, originally much more extensive than the modern-day park area, was purchased by the Community in 1512 and expanded after 1567. Used until 1893, it subsequently had to be incorporated into the urban fabric. Today, the cemetery is commemorated by a memorial plaque and several memorial stones specially arranged in a corner of the gardens. Other monuments were moved to the cemetery in Via delle Grazie.
Anne Frank Gardens (Via Capanna)