The Urbino Jewish cemetery occupies a small quadrangular plot located in the suburb of Gadana. The cemetery was established in the late 19th Century to replace a previous ancient burial ground situated a short distance away, which was abandoned because the land was too unstable. The place became thus known as ‘Mount of the Jews’.
The first burial dates back to 1874. The more recent tombs are plainer in style, while those dating back to the turn of the 19th Century are slightly more elaborate. Around the perimeter wall several of the ancient tombstones from the abandoned burial ground have been placed.
Via Padre Lamberto Torbidoni, 185
Jewish Community of Ancona
Via M. Fanti 2a
Tel. +39 071 202638
Not accessible for visitors with reduced mobility