In the open countryside, at Argine, stands the last cemetery used by the Jewish community in Soragna. It was purchased in 1839 thanks to a bequest left by Gabriele Levi, a Jew from Soragna who owned the land. Isolated and fenced off by a tall perimeter wall, it contains sober, imposing tombstones laid out in rows; the oldest one, of Elia Sforni, dates from 1854. Prior to that date, the Jews of Soragna had used a burial ground donated by the Marquis Diofebo Meli Lupi in 1750.
Via Cimitero Israelitico
For visits, ask the Fausto Levi Jewish Museum.
Tel. +39 0524 599399